Thursday, September 24, 2009

First week down....aplethera more to go

So i have just finished my first full week of teaching. I have 8 classes with 19 hours of teaching. So far everything has gone great. Lesson planning is still a challenge for me but I'm sure it will get better as I get used to the books I am using. I am teaching youth and adult community classes as well as adults at 2 different businesses. All of my students are at the B2 level (upper intermediate). So it is nice that I can reuse some lessons. All of my students have such great and varying personalities. It will be fun to see how the year progresses and how I relate to my different classes. But they are so much fun to talk to and they make me laugh...so life is good.

Tomorrow I have Friday Fellowship with teachers from Fishnet (the language school i work at) and other Americans and Brits here in Ostrava. I look forward to this time of fellowship every week. I am really blessed to have a great community of people here in Ostrava. One thing about living abroad that i truly love is how many different people you meet from different countries. I have become friends with a couple people from Britain and some of my teemates and I met a girl from Hungary today. She is super sweet, speaks amazing english, and does not have many friends here in Ostrava. So it is nice to be a blessing to others, as well as be blessed by them. I am excited to get to know her more.

So not much else going on right now. I'm trying to concentrate on being a good teacher (that means being well prepared for my classes) and seeing how God will use me to bless my students. It's a comfort to know that God has placed me here for a reason...i sometimes just wish He would let me in on the secret :) But I have to say I am excited to see what is going to happen. I am growing so much in my relationship with God. Before I left Pasadena I asked God to make me trust Him more and all I can say is that He is answering this pray in not too subtle ways. But I am excited to see where this will take me in my life with God.

Well I have a three day weekend since Monday is a public holiday. I'm hoping to get out and see a town close by, or maybe a castle. So I will keep you updated! Have a great weekend everyone and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Heidi, can't wait to read the next one. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete